We fast to cleanse our body as it is essential to give our entire digestive system a break. Here are some essential tips to follow:
1. Fast with the right understanding. Either we overeat or fast too much. Neither is good.
2. Fast for yourself and not to please God! Fasting is to detox your body and feel rejuvinated.
3. Fast because your body needs rest. All year through, you overwork your liver, pancreas and stomach. If there was a labour court for the body, these organs would have complained there!
4. While fasting, eat fruits or light food that is easy to digest. Don't eat anything or everything, just because the food has been tagged as "fast" food.
5. Have a lot of water. Purifying the body with water can bring a lot of balance in the system.
6. Fast as per your body type. Check with an ayurveda doctor to know your body type.
Follow the above and dive deep into the vastness of the consciousness to discover your inner beauty. Happy Navratri!