Using will power


When you know what you did in the past was not correct, then you already know what you should do. Spiritual path gives you the empowerment. 

But if you say, ‘Oh! I can’t do that’, then you can’t do it. If you put this thought, ’yes, I can!’, then you can. 

I have heard people say, 'I can’t leave smoking.' If you can’t leave smoking then nobody in the world can make you leave smoking. You should get up and say, ‘yes, I will leave smoking.’


Nature has kept that will power in every human being who can think and who can act. It is present in everybody. It is like you shutting your eyes and saying, 'I can’t see, I can’t see.'
You first open your eyes!

You say, 'I can’t open my eyes.' If you can’t open your eyes or don’t open your eyes, how will you see? 

If you say, 'I am hungry but I won’t open my mouth.' Nature has given you a mouth and it is hollow and empty, and nature has given you food. You have to connect these two things. 

Food is in front of you and you say, 'I won’t open my mouth.' Even to say that you have to open your mouth. 

So, the will power is in everyone. You have to say, 'Yes I can do it; I am going to do it.'

If you are in the bad habit of smoking say, ‘Yes, I am going to leave it. I can do it.’ Because that one thought, ’I can’t leave smoking’, is giving you power to keep smoking.