What does a seeker do when he sees no meaning in sadhana or seva?


When you feel at a stage there is no point in doing any seva, mind is not even interested in doing sadhana and a sense of dryness has come in life, that’s when you pray, Please take me out of this dryness.’ You know, pray to the divine, ‘Please, I want my life to be juicy, not so dry, depressing and boring. I surrender; I drop my whole being to you.’ This inner cry, an intense cry to the divine will make all the difference.

Everybody wants some juicy thing in their life. Just imagine when you have a beloved, how you act. There is so much enthusiasm; there is a feeling of belovedness. That love is what is missing when you feel so dry and completely uninterested; life is uninteresting. At this time have faith and with courage just move on. It is just a passing phase.

Usually you call it, ‘The dark night of the soul’. The soul goes through such a turbulent time sometimes. Not necessary that everybody needs to. At such times continue doing what you are doing.