Bhagwad Geeta will give you solace when life seems to be a battle

Bangalore Ashram, India
18 June 2010

Q: These practices bring so much inner comfort. If I do a lot of practice, will it make me more happy?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Don’t do too much of practice. Move ahead gradually. Do only as much as needed. Do that much to which your body gets accustomed to. You should not start doing 10 hours of practice all of a sudden.


Q: What is the difference between Ashtavakra Geeta and Bhagwad Geeta?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
One was sung in a royal palace and other in a battle field. You yourself see now what the difference is. It is like a song having different tunes. Both have their own value. When life seems to be a battle, Bhagwad Geeta will give you solace, and then Ashtavakra Geeta.

Q: My husband has yet not done the ‘Art of Living’ course. I want him to experience the same joy and knowledge. I have persuaded him by all means. Please guide me what to do now?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
You pray. It will happen.

Q: I started doing spiritual practices when I was 17 years old. I have tried many practices. After long practice of meditation, I have had many out of body experiences. At certain stage, my mind became dysfunctional and I was frightened. Can you please guide me?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
Some people try different techniques, they try to learn everything being taught anywhere, and end up making a chaos out of it. That is why, all this happens. The path which is being guided here is very safe. Do as much as needed. If you try to follow all kinds of techniques, it creates a problem.

Q: Will I have more experiences?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
Experience happens on its own, but don’t hanker for experiences.

Q: How to keep the God and world together?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
How can you keep them together? They are already one. Where is the question of combining them? In the nature of form, it is world, and same is God in its formless nature. You don’t have to do anything to bring them together.

Q: How can I be a selfless devotee? I have been doing business with you till now. What step should I take to be the same?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
This wish has arisen in you, so take it for granted that it has already started. I don’t mind even if you do business. Anyway, you would be getting much more than you give. Live joyfully. You wouldn’t encounter any loss even if you do business.

“That which you cannot express is Love.
That which you cannot reject/renounce is Beauty.
That which you cannot avoid is the Truth.”
~ Sri Sri Ravishankar

art of living TV
© The Art of Living Foundation