Smile is our trademark

6th July 2010,

Bangalore Ashram,India

Q: I have just completed the Basic course, and have heard a lot about the Advance course. Can you please talk about the essence of the Advance course?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
All the sleeping powers of the mind wake up. The body is strengthened; the mind is healed and strengthened, intellect sharpens, joy dwells up. So, only benefits are there.

Q: I strongly feel as though I have visited the Ashram before. Will you please tell me what the concept is behind?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
On the level of consciousness, there are certain experiences which you feel you have already experienced. Scientists say that life is only replay, shooting has already been done and we are only being projected on the screen. Also they say, according to string theory, that it is all vibrations. And this is coming from a scientist and not a philosopher.

Q: Guruji, have you ever lied? If yes, then why?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
In my childhood, I used to tell everyone that my family is in the whole world. My friends would complain to my parents saying I was telling lie, and I would get scolding from my parents. But, see today, my family is in the whole world!

Q: Guruji, I am addicted to my mobile phone. My whole attention is centered on it even if doesn’t ring. Please help me come out of this.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
You are at the right place. Simply sit and relax keeping your mobile phone off. Researches done in this field are revealing that mobile phones are one of the most health hazardous things being used. You must have heard this, now there is a law in California which says health hazardous warning must be there on every mobile phone, like it is written on cigarettes, ‘Health hazard’ must be written on mobile phones.

Q: Guruji, I just completed the Yes Plus course. I am so grateful to you for this course. I want all my friends, whom I care for, to experience this joy that I am experiencing.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
Yes, many youths have benefited from the course. There are 43 universities in America where there are Yes Plus clubs, and students also get some credit in some universities if they do the course.

Q: What is the trademark of the ‘Art of Living’?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
Smile! If somebody says he/she has done the course but is not smiling, don’t believe them! They have not done the course truly.

“That which you cannot express is Love.
That which you cannot reject/renounce is Beauty.
That which you cannot avoid is the Truth.”
~ Sri Sri Ravishankar

art of living TV
© The Art of Living Foundation