Desire vs intention

 

There is a difference between a desire and an intention. All work happens through intention. Your intend is - I want to go somewhere and you go. All life moves with intentions.


If I don’t have an intention to raise my hand, it will not raise. If I don’t have an intention to take the rose, I will not take it. All work happens through intention. Desire is that intention turning into a feverish thought in you. A desire is a thought with feverishness coming in you again and again, again and again, again and again.


That shakes the whole nervous system. Desire brings a dis-ease in the mind, an obsession in the mind. It clouds the clarity of mind. It brings feverishness and it burns you. It leaves you with scars and wounds. Every frustration, every desire has caused scars in the nervous system, and you are not even aware of it. 


The first time you become aware of it, you say "Oh, there are a lot of thing here I have done to myself" then you clear it up. When Buddha said, “Desire is the cause of sorrow”, He meant have nothing but good intention.