Ego Is Only an Atom

The “I” or ego in you is a tiny atom. It can either become associated with matter or with spirit. Whatever it becomes associated with, it identifies with that. When associated with matter, it identifies with the body; when associated with Being, it identifies with the infinite Self.
When this atom, this ego, is associated with the material world, it becomes mundane. When it is associated with the spirit, it becomes Divine. It becomes shakti when associated with the being, the Self. It becomes miserable when identified with the body.
You see, in a huge atomic reactor, it is just one tiny atom that is exploded. In the same way, in our whole body there is just one little tiny atom of “I.” And when this “I” explodes, then it becomes the light of the Self.
Usually we say, “I am miserable,” or “I am happy.”
Shift this atom from identifying with the body and the conceptual world, to identifying with the Real World.


© The Art of Living Foundation