It Takes Courage to Say “I Am”

The Divine comes only in deep rest – not by doing.
All your spiritual doings are to help you become silent. You will go further when you do not stop to enjoy the bliss or the peace, otherwise cravings may arise.


If existence wants to give you peace and bliss, then fine, your true nature is bliss. But by trying to enjoy the bliss, you step down from “am-ness”to “I am something” – “I am peaceful,” “I am blissful.” This is followed by, “I am miserable.” It takes courage to simply say “I am – period.”


“I AM” is dispassion.

Dispassion means welcoming everything. You can be anywhere and be dispassionate. Dispassionate centeredness brings energy, a spark. Indulgence in bliss brings inertia. If you are dispassionate, the bliss is still there. When the freezer is full of ice cream, you need not bother about it.


Dispassion takes away a sense of scarcity. Passion is a sense of lack of abundance.

Whenever everything is in abundance, dispassion happens
And when dispassion is there, everything comes in abundance


© The Art of Living Foundation